The Authoritative Brand Voice
An Authoritative Brand Voice speaks with clarity, accuracy, and depth. It keeps a neutral position on each subject. Its goal should be to inform and educate, not to share an opinion.
Four Tips for Authoritative Brand Voice
Aim to Educate, Earnestly
- Use sincere language to match the gravity of your subject.
- Reflect a transparent, solemn perspective to your audience.
- Educate them with the facts — rather than promotional material.
Write a Clear, Concise Message
- Establish authority by writing complex messages in simple language and proper grammar.
- Refrain from using jargon, slang, or idioms.
- Focus on portraying a professional and unbiased opinion to your audience.
“The objective of communication is not the transmission but the reception.” — Dr. Gerard M Blair
Detach your personal feelings
- Put aside any personal attachment to the subject.
- Keep your personal feelings out. Be Objective.
- Relay information in an unbiased, helpful manner to build authority and credibility.
Respect and Recognize
- Demonstrate that you understand and respect the matter of discussion and as well as the audience.
- Regard both with a proper degree of deliberate awareness.
- Aim for tactful, neutral transmission that avoids raw emotion.